A large Jewish community already lived in Častá 300 years ago. In the 18th century, the Jews had a prayer house in the village, in 1884 they built a new synagogue. In the forest near Červený Kamen there is a Jewish cemetery from the 17th and the beginning of the 18th century with baroque tombstones and in the village there is a younger Jewish cemetery from the 18th century. The names of the village in documents from the 13th century and later, the name Častá occurs in several forms, depending on whether the name was written by a notary - a German or Hungarian scribe. There are also gaps between the names of the municipality listed below, as there are still different names in some documents, but not significantly different.
The year 1240 Rotenstein (but this applies more to the castle) similarly in 1271: Piberspurch and Piberspurg. In 1291 the village was called Chuzthu, in 1296 Vereskeo or Cheztey, in the years 1332 - 1337 Chastuc, in 1390 Sathmansdorf. Names such as Chachtha, Chachta, Schatmanstorf, Wereskew oppidum, Woeroeskewe falwa, Sathmand, Wereskeofalwa, Schadmanssdorff, Chaztew, Schadmania, Chaytczke, Cheyshe alias Sathmania, Chaztew, Czastffs, Casta, Casta, C , since 1920 the village has a permanent name of Častá. In addition to the already mentioned names of the village of Častá, we also come across various names in various documents, mostly caused by a wrong entry or entry.