The prehistoric period of Slovenský Grob has not yet been archaeologically processed, so it was not possible to create an idea of the development of the settlement of the village. Finds found in the surrounding villages confirm that the territory of western Slovakia was inhabited in the Neolithic and it can be assumed that this was also the case in our village. The existence of the seal is documented in 1617. The first mention of the village of Monar is given in a deed of gift to Comes Šebuš when donating the land Dvornik in 1214. This deed states that the land Dvorník lies between two villages, Monar, the second village Monar, which both belonged to the Bratislava Council, and the third village of Komes Šebuša, which must be identified with today's St. George. The existence of the village of Monar is also confirmed by a record from 1296, in which there was a dispute over this village.