The village belongs to the category of municipalities with a population of over 2,000, part of the village is the village of Andač. The village can be characterized as a rural area within the scope of the center of gravity of the settlement of the first level of the city of Nitra and located on the Ponitrian development axis of the second degree, which connects the settlement centers Trenčín, Topoľčany, Nitra, Nové Zámky and Komárno. Notable is the discovery of a skeletal burial ground from the early Bronze Age, a defunct medieval settlement from the 12th century with a Romanesque church.
The first mention of the village is from 1156.
The village lies at an altitude of 144 - 239 m above sea level in the southeastern part of the Nitra loess hills on the floodplain and terrace of the Nitra river and its confluence with the Radošinka river.
The area of the village is 1,955 ha, of which the Andač part has 294 ha, which represents 15% of the total area. There is 1,615 ha of agricultural land, 341 ha of non-agricultural land - of which 142.3 ha are forest, 27.3 ha water, 141.4 ha built-up and 29.2 ha other areas.
The location is also advantageous in terms of transport networks, especially road. The village is connected to the 1st class routes no. 64. The road connects the cities of Trenčín, Topoľčany, Nitra, Nové Zámky and Komárno in the north-south direction. Within the city of Nitra, it is fed to the 1st class road no. 64 which connects the settlement centers of Trnava, Nitra, Banská Bystrica with the already built sections of the R1 expressway. The railway line no. 140 (Nové Zámky - Nitra - Topoľčany - Prievidza) and track no. 141 (Nitra - Leopoldov).