The name of the village is documented from the years 1332 - 1337 as Ecclesia Sancte Crusis. The village with a rectory belonged to the Hrušov castle, later to the Topoľčianky and Keglevich family estates. In the 19th century, a sawmill operated in the village, shingles, veneers and parquets were produced here. A substantial part of the population in the period of World War II. war involved in the SNP. In winter r. In 1944, more than 500 partisans had their headquarters here. These events are commemorated today by the SNP memorial. The most important monument belonging to the cadastre of the village is the ruins of the castle Hrušov. Its construction dates back to the period after the departure of the Mongols. It is first mentioned in documents in 1253. The main function of the castle was to guard the trade route connecting Požitavie with Ponitří. The end of the glory of Hrušov Castle was brought about by the anti-Habsburg uprising, when it was conquered and destroyed in 1708. Along with the castle, the village of Hrušovské Podhradie also disappeared. The imperial troops ravaged it so much that life never returned here and part of its inhabitants moved to a nearby guest. The dominant feature of the village is also the Baroque Church of the Exaltation of St. of the Cross, built in 1798 on the site of an old church, mentioned in 1561. The village has about 1,200 inhabitants, who are associated in several associations. It is, for example, the folklore ensemble Vrštek or the wind music Hostianka, which represent the village at various cultural events.