The way the church in Choč was built is truly remarkable. The locals refused to obey the communists and secretly, on their own and only with their own forces and resources, began to build a church. Without an official building permit, it is said that God himself gave it to them. The year was 1958, when a cultural house and today's municipal office were built in Choč. These buildings were supported by state and party authorities. But the people of Choč needed not only a cultural house, but also a church. And so it was built next to the cultural house as a bell tower, because the original one was about to fall. Without a building permit, which was managed to be completed later, the citizens built both buildings on a temporary basis. They took turns at work and obtained funding from the citizens, who composed themselves. Each household contributed as best it could. The whole village lived by creating a tabernacle in its center. Until then, believers went to Mass on foot to five kilometers distant Chraštany in the territory of today's Beladíce. There, collections for the construction of a church in Choč were announced. People worked on both secular and ecclesiastical buildings. They alternately worked part-time on the construction of the cultural house and on the construction of the church. There were even advisers on when and from which house the man or woman would go to which building. The masons who built the church were eaten by the whole village, they always prepared lunch for them in a different house.