Only later, in the middle of the 13th century, did the incoming German colonists settle among them, who gradually gained the upper hand in the village. Veľká Lomnica has long been mentioned only as Lomnica, but when two other villages with the same name were established near it in the 14th century, it was necessary to differentiate them. And so in 1361 we find the name "Magna Lomnitz", ie "Veľká Lomnica". The first accurate data on the composition and population date from 1700. In the 18th century, a plague broke out in the village and caused half of the population to die out. A new population came to the empty houses, which began a new life in the village. The Germans came mainly, so up to two thirds of the population are of German descent.
In the village there is the original late Romanesque Roman Catholic Church of St. Katarína Alexandrijská from the end of the 13th century, in the 15th century. Gothic rebuilt, which hides rare murals. These were not discovered until 1957. They are located in the sacristy of the church and contain the legend of the victory of the Hungarian king St. Ladislava in 1093 over Kumány. The paintings date from 1310 to 1320. There are three altars in the interior of the church, the oldest of which dates from 1494 (Altar of the Virgin Mary). The main altar of St. Kataríny is the youngest and dates from 1793. Behind it there is a double Gothic window bricked on the outside and next to it is a baptistery from the beginning of the 16th century. There is also an evangelical church in the village, which was built only in 1784. The right to build an evangelical church was acquired by the people of Lomnice only with a tolerance patent of Joseph II. In 1785 services were already held there. At the beginning of the 20th century, a neo-Gothic tower with Romanesque windows was added to the church. Since 1909, the tower has been decorated with a clock. Two mansions have also been preserved in the village. Dolný Kaštieľ from 1757, built on the site of an older manor house by Italian architects, is located on the edge of the village towards Kežmarok. The upper, older manor house, built in 1581, was rebuilt by the Berzeviczy family in 1772 in the Baroque style into a representative manor house. This manor house is located on Jilemnického Street in the middle of the village. The historical monuments of the village include the grave of Gregor Berzeviczy - a prolific writer and enthusiastic promoter of the Tatras.