Its existence is first documented in writing in a document from 1211. In this document, the village is mentioned in the description of the borders of the land of Šaľa under the name BERUCZEG. Three years later in 1214, the name of the village Šulekovo appears in documentary documents again as BERUGSCUG and in 1223 as BEREGSCEG. The name of the village changed quite often, but the changes were rather formal. The last official name of the village was BEREKSEK.
The local part of Šulekovo lies at 143 m above sea level, in the Danubian Lowland, on the alluvium of the Váh River, about 2.5 km west of Hlohovec. In the area of the village there were graves of a graveyard burial ground from the Hallstatt period and documents about a Slavic burial ground and settlement from the 9th and 10th centuries were discovered.
Throughout the period of feudalism, Šulekovo belonged to the serf settlements, the owners of which were mostly the owners of the Hlohov Castle, but also members of the peasantry. The population of the serf village consisted of farmers and only to a small extent craftsmen and merchants. The mayors were entrusted with the mayors and members of the municipal council. After 1848/49, social and property relations changed. The population has become free. Until 1871, pastures spread over a large part of the Šulek district, which were plowed up after that year. The vast majority of the population was engaged in the cultivation of basic agricultural crops, although attempts to grow vines were also recorded. Šulekovo was connected to Hlohovec in 1953.