An interesting find was also 48 burial places from the beginning of the 10th century, which testify to the customs of the local population. Denarii issued in Strasbourg and Milan were also found in these graves.
The first historical mention of the village is from 1326, when we can talk about a developed village. The village is mentioned in period documents under the names: Mached, Beke Mached (1326), Mached utrque (1335), Machid (1390), Nagmached (1473), welky Maczid (1773), Hrubý Mačad (1920) and Veľká Mača - in today.
The village was located in close proximity to the crossroads of the so-called The Czech road (Via Bohemica, connecting Budín with Prague) and the road connecting Bratislava with Nitra, and the population benefited from this advantageous location both in the past and in the present.
V XV. century, the village belonged to the Šintavské manor, but was exposed to many attacks by Tatars and Hussites. V XVI. and XVII. centuries, Turkish troops posed a great threat to the population.
The first known mayor of the village was Péter Dobos. The oldest official document of the village is from 1649, on which is also the oldest seal of the village from the XVI. century with the letters NM.
In the past, the inhabitants of the village were mainly engaged in agriculture. Period documents from the beginning of XIX. century, but they are talking about 12 craftsmen in the village. At the end of the XIX. century, the village had a separate post office.