Imperial and royal stud farm Kopčany

3 ratings
The Royal Stud Farm in Kopčany was founded in the 18th century by František Štefan, Duke of Lorraine. It wasn't until Maria Theresa promoted him to imperialism. Currently, sports sports events are organized, a museum is established and camps for children are organized in the summer months.

Imperial and royal stud farm Kopčany

The Royal Stud Farm in Kopčany was founded in the 18th century by František Štefan, Duke of Lorraine. It wasn't until Maria Theresa promoted him to imperialism. Currently, sports sports events are organized, a museum is established and camps for children are organized in the summer months.

Žrebčín is situated on a flat area between the road leading to the village and the river Moravia. The northern wing, in the middle of which is a representative part, is situated on the axis of the road that leads to the barber's manor. The building has two floors (the second floor is actually an attic), a four-wing floor plan with an inner enclosed courtyard. Its three wings are single-winged. The west wing forms a double wing and has a basement. The entrances to the inner courtyard are situated on the central axis of the east, west and north wings (and on the third axis of the south wing). The west wing administratively is accessible from the passage. In the east and west wings there are stairs leading to the II. floor (to the attic). The ground floor rooms are arranged additively one after the other. They are partly passable and partly accessible from the courtyard. The rooms of the west wing are partly connected and some accessible from the connecting corridor. To room II. floor (attic) mediates access by a connecting corridor (west wing). The main north facade, in the middle of which is a small manor house, is two-storey, it has an open balcony on the first floor. Rizalit is closed by a volute shield with a sundial. The north façade (representative part) is vertically divided as its courtyard part. The architectural division of this façade is identical with its southern part. The external and courtyard facades of the building's wings are divided by pillars closed by compressed arches so as to form blind arcades. The arcades are finished with triangular gables with a richly profiled cornice. The shields above the central axis of the wings have a segmental end, also with a richly profiled cornice. The internal layout of the building is regular and balanced. In the 19th century, the attics (2nd floor) of the west wing were located in living spaces, which, however, respected the internal layout of the 1st floor. Other areas of the floor have retained the original layout. The reconstruction will require a lot of effort to get closer to the original situation.

Additional information

Transport: By foot, By bike, By car
Parking: Free parking nearby

Languages: Slovak

Suitable for: Childrens, Families with childrens, Elderly, Handicapped, Cyclists, Young, Adults
Season: Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter
Updated on: 11.11.2017

Opening hours

Weather

monday - sunday:
Nonstop
11°
Sun 12°
Mon 13°
Tue 12°


Contact

Phone: +421905206768
Imperial and royal stud farm Kopčany
Žrebčín Kopčany s.r.o.
Kollárova 1146
908 48  Kopčany
Region: Trnavský
District: Skalica
Area: Záhorie
 48.78193, 17.10412

Altitude: 161 m

Žrebčín Kopčany s.r.o.
Kollárova 1146
908 48  Kopčany

Show more


tips on experience around Events