We cover the specific needs of the inhabitants of the city and various organizations: we help to complete the cultural program (eg for Dejdarka, for the Trenčín Foundation, for ZUŠ K. Pádivý in Trenčín, etc., wherever they need us).
We work with a clear artistic view.
In order to maintain the required quality, only academically educated people in the given field are engaged in leading positions. This applies to dramaturgy, music, scenography, costume design and other artistic professions.
Actors with both academic and non-academic education are currently involved in the acting ensemble. The first group consists of graduates of the conservatory, students of the Academy of Performing Arts, with whom we have excellent contact thanks to the still-studying director. As a path to quality, it has proved to be the involvement of young graduated actors who are already active in professional theaters in Bratislava. The second group of actors consists of verified amateur actors with excellent reviews and awards from festivals. The directors of the theater are currently Matúš Bachynec, Zuzana Mišáková and Štefan Richtárech.
We also suffer from quality in sound and lighting. Only with a professional approach and sophistication in all components can we offer the audience a performance that is indistinguishable from stone state theaters.
We have a solid background in Trenčany (approx. 20 actors, technicians, directors, production team) and a strong place among Slovak ensembles due to the successful past (awards from festivals).
Every year we prepare three premieres according to the following key:
1. one artistic performance
2. one more commercial performance (so-called lighter genres of comedy, musical)
3. one children's performance
1. Artistic performances for demanding audiences are high-quality productions of world and Slovak classics. It is always a demanding project, which the creative team fully absorbs artistically and the ensemble invests all available resources in it. These are the performances that distinguish our theater from ordinary amateur ensembles, because we bet on the quality of the original and processing. These performances are from the category art = artistic. We praise the critics for these performances and make our existence artistically legitimate.
2. Commercial performances (lighter genres such as comedy, musical) are for us a source of gaining a wide audience. These performances are very well received by the public. These are games played on Broadway, contemporary by the world's authors.
3. We do children's performances with immense success and so well that we could specialize in them, but that is not our goal. The child spectator is important to us, because even once he matures and the relationship to this kind of art is not born overnight.
At present, we present 1-2 public performances per month and one organized to order. In total there are 3 performances per month - irregularly, ie one month 4, another month two, if possible. In total, we will present about 30 performances (+/- 2) in the season, which are seen by about 4,000 spectators (in the 2012/2013 season it was 3650, 2013/2014 already 4120).