After the death of Count Windischgratz, the property was disposed of by his lawyers, Dr. Róth and Dr. Holló. In 1935, during one day and one night, the two took all the valuables on trucks and allegedly took them all to Hungary. Then the manor house was empty, but not for long. It was bought by a Bratislava lawyer Dr. Štefan Ravasz, who owned it until nationalization in 1948. In 1948, the manor buildings were entrusted to agriculture. Here, a training school for agricultural professionals was established in it. In 1966, an orphanage was established in the building, where 38 boys were cared for. The monastery served as an orphanage until 1967. In that year, the monastery was damaged by an earthquake. Since 1969, the manor has served as the Charity Home of the Sisters of the Holy Cross.
CHARITY HOME of the Merciful Sisters of the Holy Cross
The beginnings of the Charity House in Cerová date back to 1969. In 1968, the sisters from Bohemia and Moravia were able to return to Slovakia. At that time, the Ministry of Culture and the MNV in Cerová - Lieskov offered the nurses, through the Central Slovak Catholic Charity, an almost ruined, more than 260-year-old manor house in Cerová.
The main mission of the community in Cerova today is to take care of old and sick sisters.