The first mention of the church in the village comes from 1390, when the vicar of the Archbishop of Esztergom Leonard de Pensauro mentions the parish of Šenkvice - SANKAWYCH. Its origin is expected around 1350. The absence of reports about the village between 1462 and 1557 confirms the assumptions about leaving the area. New settlers from the vicinity of the Croatian Kostajnice, expelled by the Turkish invasions, began to build a new, larger church on the ruins of the old one. Subsequently, Šenkvice became a parish in 1584. The first priest of the new parish was probably Matej Sosič.
Around 1618, Ján Janič began the expansion and renaissance reconstruction of the church, which was supplemented by a tower and 4-meter-high walls to protect against robberies by Turkish military units. They plundered the villages of southwestern Slovakia.
The church was consecrated by the Bishop of Chad and consecrated to St. Anne on April 3, 1672. In the following years, only the equipment of the church changed its appearance, when an organ was added and new mass aids and robes were made. In 1766 the church burned down and in 1783 it was restored to its present form.
Transport: Pešo, Bicyklom, Autom, Vlakom, Autobusom
Parking: Parkovanie zdarma v okolí
Accepted payments: Hotovosť
Season: Jar, Leto, Jeseň, Zima
Suitable for: Deti, Rodiny s deťmi, Seniorov, Hendikepovaných, Mládež, Dospelých