At the turn of the 17th and 18th centuries, a great benefactor of the church and parish was a native of Cífer - Zeman, Esztergom canon Michal Kovačócy (1647-1711), later titular bishop of Vegli.
In 1934, the preservation of this architectural monument was considered and a new location was sought for the construction of a new church. A more suitable location was not found in the urban area, so the old church was demolished and the material sold out to the citizens. The project was developed by the company Kreybig and Kiszela, architect and builder, Bratislava, which also performed construction supervision. The construction was assigned to the most cost-effective company Ing. Adamca and Ing. Streibinger in Trenčianske Teplice. The school chair demanded that local workers be employed on the construction site. Construction began in May 1934 and the consecration of the church took place on June 23, 1935, exactly on the day of the 293rd anniversary of the consecration of the old church (1642).
During the foundation of the walls under the steps to the choir, a mass grave with skeletons cast in lime from a period of a cholera epidemic was discovered. During the construction, a masonry tomb was found under the paving of the original church.
From the old church, a renovated facility was installed in the new one - three altars, a pulpit, a baptistery, five statues and 14 paintings of the Stations of the Cross, which are quality art and carving work. From the original windows, two windows were used behind the altar, three behind the organ and two in the gables of the transept.