After the Second World War, the care of monuments was taken over by the National Cultural Commission, which was established in 1946. Its task was to concentrate rare furniture, objects of fine and applied arts, historical libraries and aristocratic archives from buildings abandoned by former owners and often freely. accessible.
In 1946, torsos of confiscated interior equipment from other former aristocratic residences of the West Slovak region began to be collected in the premises of Červený Kameň Castle, and the necessary repairs of the castle building gradually began.
On October 22, 1949, the castle was opened to the public for cultural purposes, and on December 24, 1949, it was declared a national cultural property together with 13 other buildings.
In the meantime, valuable art objects from 31 castle buildings and 2 monasteries were concentrated on the castle, which formed the basis of today's museum collections. In this first phase, which lasted until 1960, the castle underwent several minor or major reconstructions, the aim of which was to maintain the operability of the museum. At the same time, the restoration of the collections, especially items from the furniture and painting collection, took place intensively.