The original baroque church with a tower was established in 1743 by the completion of a Gothic chapel from the 15th century. It was renovated in 1969 and in the years 1969 - 1973 a new building was built according to the project of Jozef Hrašna. The construction was realized from donations from believers. The built-up area of the church is 600 m², the content space is 10000 m². Below the church are cellars, which serve as a warehouse for church equipment.
The facade was designed by the academic painter Vincent Hložník, the sculpture of the glorified Christ was created by Alexander Trizuljak and the Stations of the Cross by Ladislav Záborský.