After rebuilding the village, a wooden church was built. However, his condition was very poor. Ten years after the burning of the village in July 1693, the foundation stone of the new church was laid. The work continued very quickly, and so in October 1693 the church was consecrated. However, it also burned down in 1728. The new church was built of charity and was consecrated from Loyola by Bishop Jozef Vito, in 1803. In 1813, the flooded Váh flooded the village and the water washed the walls of the church. The repair of the vault was necessary. During the Slovak Uprising, the Hurbanovo army wanted to occupy the Leopold Fortress. The commander of the fortress issued an order to set fire to the Town. The fire also engulfed the roof and tower of the church. The clock tower and bells were destroyed by fire. The internal equipment also suffered damage. The repair of the church was necessary. In a short time, the roof of the church was covered with shingles, the walls were repaired, and the exterior and interior of the church were renovated. In 1863, a new tower was completed. During the First World War, soldiers blew a larger bell. The new bell was not purchased until 1922 from the parishes' collections. The battles in 1848-1849 are reminiscent of iron cannonballs. One on the wall of the church and three on the rectory building. The parish office in the Town was established in 1775, the registry office began to be run from 1739. Until the establishment of the parish itself, the Jesuits from the fortress carried out the spiritual administration. The patron saint of the church was from the beginning St. Ignatius of Loyola. In front of the church is a statue of the Virgin Mary, a Rococo pillar from the mid-18th century, in a stone plait fence.