Among the most famous are the Pongrácovci, Pavol Kiniži, Mr. Burian from Svetlov and others. At the beginning of the 17th century, the Vešeléni ruled.
Probably the most famous was the Bošňáková family. They had their own coat of arms. Three peaks of different heights rose in the lower red field. A two-tailed lion rose from the upper blue field, stepping on the Turkish crescent, with three green palm twigs overhead, and a star above them on the left. The coat of arms was also decorated with a double cross.
On February 26, 1605, Tomáš Bošňák and Mária Kenderešiová got married. 7 children come from their marriage. The most famous of these was Žofia, who was born 4 years after their wedding. She was known for her kind, humble, and kind-hearted nature. The young Žofia Bošniaková (sometimes mentioned by Žofia Bosniaková) had her wedding at the age of 17. However, the marriage did not last long, her husband was seriously ill and Zofia became a widow. When she was 20, she had her second marriage to František Velešén. They had two sons, Adam and Ladislav. It was extremely popular at the castle. She mostly raised her children alone. Her motto: "Only good deeds are to remain after man, everything else is done by relentless time."
She helped her people, she did only good. When someone asked her for help, she did not refuse. She was especially considerate of the poor and suffering people. Her husband was nice to her and respected her. She died relatively young, not even 35 years old. Her husband was horrified by her death. After her death, he didn't even pay much attention to the castle and started to let go.
In the 17th century, the castle was destroyed by Michal Paull. He conditioned the castle tower and the palace and took valuables from the castle. Historical records state that walls, rooms, roofs and even windows were damaged. The castle became uninhabitable. A coffin and the body of Žofia Bošniaková were found in the ruins. Almost half a century passed and the body was found almost intact.
In 1910, the castle was partially secured and strengthened. In 1944, he was damaged by fighting during World War II. From 1978 to 1994, archaeological research was carried out on the site of the castle. A comprehensive reconstruction of the castle also took place. Since 1995, the castle has been open to the general public.