The tower offers spectacular views and demonstrations of historic clockworks. How to breathe in the medieval dungeon you will taste in the tower Himmelreich.
Behind the stone walls of the Old Castle, for centuries, the fate of the city was meditated and decided. It's a magical place. Its roots go back to the 13th century, when the Church of the Virgin Mary (a three-aisled basilica with a square presbytery) with a cemetery was built on the promontory of the Paradise. In the 15th century, the church and cemetery were surrounded by a wall, and in the 1640s, they built an anti-Turkish fortress from it. Here the people of Štiavnica found protection when the enemy pounded on the city gates. Later, the vault over the main nave was demolished, creating a courtyard. Supporting pillars, a spiral staircase and consoles speak of the Gothic reconstruction.
The dominant feature of the chateau is the originally Gothic castle tower with an underpass. Today, it has a Baroque appearance, which it received during the reconstruction of the bell tower in 1777. An interesting feature is the chapel of St. Michala. Its above-ground part was called the cararium and the underground part of the ossarium - ossuary. Unincorporated bones selected during the digging of new graves were inserted into it. The remains of the frescoes date from the 14th century.