The ruins of the castle stand on a bare hill in the western outcrop of the Vihorlat Hills 4 kilometers southwest of Humenné in the Laborca Valley above the village of the same name. It was built in the 13th century and belonged to the system of castles on the Hungarian - Polish road. In the first half of the 15th century, its fortifications were strengthened and shortly afterwards it played an important role in domestic political struggles, especially in 1466, when the troops of King Matej Korvín and his opponent, the Polish King Casimir IV, met in battle. In the years 1484 - 1488 it was in the hands of the Zápoľskýs, who expanded the castle and further improved its fortifications. In the middle of the 16th century, its owner František Kendy joined the aristocratic opposition against King Ferdinand of Habsburg, and therefore the royal army demolished the castle after the conquest in 1558. However, the later owner Mikuláš Druget repaired and restored it again in 1575. In 1644, the castle was attacked by the rebel troops of Juraj Rákoci and almost completely destroyed again. The partial repair of the residential tracts brought him back to life only briefly, because in the waves of the anti-Habsburg uprisings at the end of the 17th century, it definitely disappeared from it. Since then, the castle was deserted and to this day only the remains of the walls have been preserved.