Of the other owners, the Séčians (Széchyovci) deserve attention, who bought the castle and rebuilt it after 1621. After the assassination of Juraj Séči, his wife Mária took care of the castle together with 4 daughters. The oldest of them, after widowing, married František Vešeléni, a well-known organizer of the anti-imperial conspiracy in 1666. After his death, the widow (who was not only brave but also pretty and called it "Muránska Venus") fiercely defended the castle and the imperial troops conquered it. after 3 years in 1670. In 1720, the castle was sold by the royal chamber to Štefan Koháry. The only daughter of the last Koháry married Coburg and they owned the castle until 1945.
The castle burned down twice in the 18th century and was no longer inhabited at the end of the 18th century. In 1972, the castle was cleaned and since 1980, the necessary maintenance of the castle has been carried out.