In 1461 the king donated it to the Országhs and Lošonczyas. From 1554, after the loss of Fiľakov, it belonged to the first line of anti-Turkish castles . In 1573 the castle was occupied by Ottoman troops under the leadership of the Fiľak beg Ali. The Turks held the castle until 1596, when they retreated before Valentín Prepoštváry's troops . After the death of the owner of the castle, Anna Lošonczyová, it became the property of Žigmund Forgáč. In 1618, the castle was fortified by order of the Regional Assembly, the renovation took place in the years 1547-1655 . After the defeat of the uprising of Francis II. Rákoczi, whose troops were conquered by the army in 1703, was demolished by the imperial army. He has been in ruins ever since.