In 1550 it was destroyed by fire, but it was repaired to its original extent, because the terrain did not allow the castle to expand and build outbuildings. Later repairs and modifications took place during the reign of Katarína Bošániová, but in 1703 Žigmund Sirmiensis-Súľovský expressed outrage over the condition of the castle buildings.
As early as 1730, the army stayed at the castle and the castle fulfilled its function as such. The necessary repair of the castle did not take place due to disagreements between members of the family Sirmiensis, perhaps also because they inhabited comfortable mansions in the village. In 1739, one of the members of the family was given housing and a kitchen in the castle, and a police officer and a gamekeeper were to live in the complex in one person. Later (1752-1759) the members of the family took away their shares of property - only the most necessary equipment remained, and no one has lived in the castle since. The castle ceased to be guarded in 1780 and no one cared more about it. The earthquake in 1858 (the list of monuments incorrectly states 1763) severely damaged the building, since then it has not been repaired and gradually fell into disrepair. In the meantime, the castle burned down and today only fragments of masonry glued to the rocks remain.