The first mention of the castle dates back to the 15th century, when the village was owned by the Kazov brothers. In 1415 it is mentioned as a smaller fortified building - castellum. Other mentions are from the second half of the 16th century, when the threat of Turkish invasions of Slovakia began to manifest itself. In 1744, one of the members of the Kohár family had a late Baroque single-storey four-winged manor house with a rectangular courtyard built on the site of an older castle.
Most of the rooms, halls and corridors have preserved the original interior from the Baroque, Rococo and Empire periods. Today, there are museum expositions in the manor. The first floor is accessed from the underpass of the main entrance in the north wing by a staircase with stone statues to the reception area. From there it is possible to go to the social and representation rooms or to the corridors circulating the other three wings of the manor. The individual interconnected rooms are accessible from the corridors illuminated by windows to the courtyard. There are also murals above the staircase and in the chapel from the period of the manor's construction. The manor house has preserved quite a number of originally furnished and later added rooms, which are actually a furniture museum and collections of various art objects, paintings, engravings, which are very few in Slovakia. In the 19th century, some rooms were still changed and furnished according to the fashion of that time.
The two-storey building with a four-wing floor plan and a central courtyard has all the features of a representative seat. The vaulted underpass overlooking the courtyard leads to a staircase, the architecture of which has been complemented by paintings and sculptures reflecting the influences of Italian and Austrian art. A chapel richly decorated with frescoes of a late Baroque illusionist space with a clear view protrudes from the southern wing of the manor house. The chapel is also highlighted on the outside on the facade, which ends with a fresco connecting the church theme with the motif of the donor's painting. On the first floor of the manor there are several luxurious rooms, which were only minimally affected by later modernization interventions from 1816 and 1860. The Rococo chapel with a rich wrought iron grille, located at a crossroads in the village, where it turns to the manor house, dates from the time of construction of the manor.