The most extensive reconstruction of the gate took place in 1808, when its defensive character was completely abolished. With both adjacent parts of the wall, it was adapted for the purposes of the newly established city hospital. The mural of St. was also damaged. Florian. In 1915, this painting was almost completely destroyed and replaced by a new form of a saint performed by the Prešov painter Max Kurth. Sv. He depicted Florian in a typical iconographic design, ie with a military helmet, with a flag when fighting a fire, in the background with the silhouettes of the parish and Franciscan church, as well as the building ev. college.
The last extensive reconstruction of the Florian's Gate in 1979 modified the barrel vault of the passage, reduced the windows on the eastern façade to the original dimensions and renovated the entire decoration. In r. In 1973, a memorial plaque was unveiled on the western façade, indicating the original location of the 17th century Prešov town observatory.