The extensive Baroque monastery complex was gradually expanded and enlarged and was one of the most important pilgrimage sites in the Esztergom Archdiocese. Catherine was the place of the Franciscan novitiate and the destination of many pilgrimages of the common people from far and wide. In the seventeenth century, it was damaged several times during the uprisings or Turkish invasions, but it was always repaired and life in it pulsated further. However, what the troops failed to do, politics succeeded - in July 1786, the monastery was accompanied by hundreds of other decrees of Emperor Joseph II. canceled. The monks had to leave the place, the inventory was taken away and destroyed, and the monastery began to fall into disrepair. It would seem that its interesting and tumultuous history ends here.