The medieval character is imitated mainly by a square tower with four turrets above the main entrance, bay windows, as well as the roof. The building has several entrances, the main one of which is the front entrance leading under the arcade and the vault of the basement from Mlynská street. Others are the side entrance from the front garden adjacent to Štefánikova Street and three entrances from the courtyard. At the front of the facade of the tower, on the left side of the arch, there is a memorial plaque in honor of the Hungarian King Matej Korvín.
The vestibule of the palace is in the oriental spirit. The Jakabov family lived here only until 1908. The building and the land were bought by the important architect of Jewish nationality Hugo Barkanyi. His manuscript bears several dominants of the city of Košice (Mestské kúpalisko, Faculty of Law on Kováčská Street No. 26, Residential House on Biela Street No. 7).
During World War II, as part of anti-Jewish sentiment, the Barkanyi family had to move with other Jews to the brickyard. From there, the road was only to the wagons of death, heading for the camps.