The area of this lake is 0.67 hectares and the maximum depth is 4.2 meters.
It is located in the Važecká valley near the Tatra highway below the top of the Jama peak, after which it also bears the name.
On the east bank of the lake, the well-known organizer of Slovak tourism and a member of the voluntary mountain rescue service Gustáv Nedobrý (1893 - 1966) built a private cottage with the then name Nedobrý cottage, which burned down in 1943. The rest of the cottage was destroyed in 1944 by retreating German troops. In memory of the heroes of the SNP at the west bank of the ball, the TANAP administration planted a limbo grove .
- follow the red tourist sign (Tatranská magistrála) from Troch studničiky or Štrbské pleso
- follow the blue tourist sign from the Jambrichovo crossroads at the Biely Váh bus stop on the Freedom Road