EN
0 ratings
A part of the Rakovíc urban area is also a manor house built on the northern edge of the village in an extensive / 6.5 ha / English park. The manor also included farm buildings built in the years 1821 - 1822 behind the road. Older farm buildings that stood in the area of the manor house were demolished. Originally a Renaissance manor house is mentioned in written sources in 1675. In the second half of the 19th century / 1856 - 1858 / the manor house was rebuilt in the Classicist style by its owner Baron Dionýz Medňanský.

Rakovice manor house

A part of the Rakovíc urban area is also a manor house built on the northern edge of the village in an extensive / 6.5 ha / English park. The manor also included farm buildings built in the years 1821 - 1822 behind the road. Older farm buildings that stood in the area of the manor house were demolished. Originally a Renaissance manor house is mentioned in written sources in 1675. In the second half of the 19th century / 1856 - 1858 / the manor house was rebuilt in the Classicist style by its owner Baron Dionýz Medňanský.

The manor house was rebuilt at the end of the 19th century. After a fire in 1954, the roof of the manor house was repaired, the facades were modified and the windows were replaced. The manor house underwent building alterations also in the years 1995 - 1998. It is probable that an older building stood on the site of the current manor house - a manor, whose traces were found during building alterations in the middle of the 19th century. Dionýz Medňanský, who published the findings in 1905, considered a large cellar and a domestic chapel with a polygonal apse, which was demolished in 1857, to be a part of the older building. In 1811, the manor still had 120 wine shackles stored in the cellar / 1 shackle = 54.3 liters /.
Dionýz Medňanský donated two found bricks with a mark in the shape of crossed Swords to the collections of the Hungarian National Museum in Budapest. He associated the findings with a romantic vision of the Knights Templar or St. John's. Like Paul later, Jedlička linked them to the ruins of a church nave dating from the second half of the 14th century from the "Old Monastery" site in Piešťany. It is possible that the Johannite command may have had some property in Rakovice.

In the canonical visitation of the Roman Catholic parish in Veselý from 1788, a wooden painted altar with a picture of the Virgin Mary of Sorrows is mentioned in the home chapel in the Rakovice manor house (at that time it belonged to Count Ján Boťáni). The altar was made by the previous owner of the manor, Florián Horecký. The chapel had a sanctuary in which two bells were placed.
Part of the interior of the manor was the library, which according to the inventory of Arnold Ipoly from 1846 - 1847 had 5610 volumes. The library, founded by Alojz Medňanský, contained books by ancient authors, theological, legal, historical, geographical and economic literature, encyclopedias, schematisms, magazines, newspapers, etc. The library also included an archive in which the manuscripts of notices of Hungarian thrones by polyhistor Matej Bel / 1684 - 1749 /, older archival documents from the estate of the royal archivist Adam Rajčáni and copies of documents were stored. A collection of 3,000 pieces of stamps pasted on sheets of paper and stored in the archive was donated by Dionýz Medňanský to the Hungarian National Archive in Budapest. The library also included a herbarium, a collection of woods processed into books, maps, plans and views.

From the description of the interior of the manor house by Pavel Jedlička, we learn that there were also two glass bowls. One with the coat of arms of Katarína Zrínská dated 1585, the other with the coat of arms of Gašpar Ilešházi dated 1641. He also mentions painted paintings - portraits of Vice-Slav Slavonia Gašpar Oregóczy, Ladislav Révai from 1645 and children's portraits. In the historical collection of the Balneological Museum in Piešťany there is a painting, the oil painting The Wedding of Galilee. It is a scaled-down copy painted in the second half of the 19th century according to an original painting by Paolo Veronesse. A copy of the painting was originally part of the equipment of the manor house in Rakovice.
In 1890, Dionýz sold Medňanský manor and property in the village to Žigmund Kornfeld. His son Dr. Móric kornfeld made a summer residence in the manor house in Rakovice, where he came from Budapest only for a certain time of the year.
In 1918, the manor house was looted, while part of the manor's inventory was stolen and destroyed, mainly a collection of majolica and Japanese and Chinese porcelain. A similar fate befell the manor house even after crossing the front in 1945.
During the first Slovak Republic, the manor house and manor, which was owned by Dr. Móric Kornfeld arized. Before crossing the line, families lived in the manor house.

Additional information

Transport: By foot, By bike, By car, By bus
Parking: Free parking nearby

Languages: Slovak

Suitable for: Families with childrens, Elderly, Young, Adults
Season: Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter
Updated on: 16.3.2020
Source: Obec Rakovice

Opening hours

Weather

Not specified
28°
Mon 31°
Tue 27°
Wed 32°
Thu 31°


Contact

Rakovice manor house
Kaštieľ
922 08  Rakovice
Region: Trnavský
District: Piešťany
Area: Stredné Považie, Microregion Nad Holeškou
 48.561771, 17.740657

Kaštieľ
922 08  Rakovice

Show more


tips on experience around Events