The city tower in Trnava is one of the most important Renaissance monuments of the city. It has a square floor plan - in the shape of a massive prism with eight above-ground floors and a total height of 57 meters. The view is approximately 29 meters high. The corners and the highest floor are decorated with diamond sgraffito, on the southeast side the dominant feature is the famous sundial, which is known to almost every Trnavčany. In the niche above the entrance is a circular relief with the symbolism of Jesus Christ.
Its peculiarity is that it has a face from the front and from behind. This is due to the fears of the townspeople that the Virgin Mary will only watch over the side with which she will face and the others will turn her back. Later, in 1997, documents from the 1930s were found inside the statue. These were subsequently removed and stored in the district archives. They replaced them with current documents as a reference for future generations. The last reconstruction of the tower facade in In 2004, it restored its original Renaissance appearance. In 1729, they placed a clockwork from Franz Langer's workshop on the fifth floor, which also struck a quarter of an hour. Three hundred kilogram weights hang on a 30 meter long rope and run in the area of a glazed prism extending to the third floor.
Transport: By foot, By bike, By car, By train, By bus
Parking: Free parking nearby, Paid parking nearby
Accepted payments: Cash
Languages: Slovak, English, German
Season: Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter
Suitable for: Childrens, Families with childrens, Elderly, Cyclists, Young, Adults