The first synagogue was built in Senec in 1825, in 1904 it was renovated to its current form in the Art Nouveau style with oriental elements. It was the only one in the area and Senec was a town with a large Jewish community. In 1930, the Jewish population made up about a quarter of the town's total population. After the deportations of Jews during World War II. World War II, very few returned to Senec.