When a separate parish was established in Cerova in 1787, the so-called Mother Church, "Ecclesia ad Stos Angelos Custodes", where Liesková and Rozbehy were branches, preparations began for the construction of the church, resp. reconstruction of the existing chapel - in a visitation from this year listed as the Church of St. Guardian Angels. The first pastor was Anzelm Časta (1787 - 1791). In 1796, when Bernardín Slabigh was the administrator, an application was made for the status of a church. This is because already in 1792 there were 453 Catholics in Cerová and 415 in Lieskov. Both the municipality and the municipality of Rozbehy agreed with the proposal. But after the approval for the construction was granted, there was a rupture. For the church to be built on the border of both municipalities, so that both sides are equally far from it. The rift was finally settled. All municipalities gave their consent for the church to be built next to the old chapel, ie on Cerová.