In the immediate vicinity of the parish church, i.e. to the south, there is a smaller church dedicated to Our Lady of Carmel (Škapuliarská). The creation of this church is closely related to the ore wealth and mining in Banská Bela.
The gracious image of Our Lady of the Scapular
In the church, there are two images of the Virgin Mary Skapuliarská. The smaller image is mentioned as gracious in the canonical visitations. The painting represents the Virgin Mary holding a baby Jesus in her left hand and holding and offering a scapular in her right hand. The Virgin Mary has a gilded crown decorated with ten jewels on her head, and the baby Jesus also has a similar crown on his head. Since the image was crowned with the consent of the church authorities, this proves that hearings, conversions and healings took place here at the intercession of the Virgin Mary. In the canonical visitation from 1780, votive gifts of thanks are written down, namely silver hearts, silver chains and silver images of the eyes of healed donors. However, these objects were during the reign of Joseph II. confiscated to the treasury. The first written report about this painting was recorded in 1698 by the initiator of the church construction, pastor Juraj Lanzhosky, when he wrote that on March 5, 1697, Mrs. Dorota Ladinová out of respect bought a faithful copy of the painting "our dear Lady" in Kalo, later there is another mention of the painting "unser liebe Frauen monte Carmeli".
In 1840, during the renovation of the church under priest František Sklenár, the gracious painting was replaced by a larger altar painting of dimensions 160x110 cm, the author of which was Alojz Varosy, senator of the town of Nová Baňa. It is a classicist painting in which the Virgin Mary is depicted in the upper half with the baby Jesus offering the scapular. On the sides are angels, and in the lower part of the painting are miners praying at the mouth of the mine shaft. This scene also partially confirms the reality of the oral presentation about the rescue of the miners. Currently, this painting shows obvious signs of destruction, it was shot during the war and later unprofessionally restored.