The Church of the Holy Trinity, also known as the Piaristic Church, is one of the three historic churches in Prievidza. Construction began in 1666. It was completed under the leadership of the religious builder P. Hanghe in 1740-1753.
The Church of the Holy Trinity in Prievidza is a one-nave longitudinal church with a polygonal presbytery, vaulted by a dome, with side chapels in the style of the II Gesú Church in Rome. The nave has a barrel vault with lunettes, which rests on a strongly projecting cornice of recessed pillars. The entire interior has stucco rokaj ornamentation. In the presbytery, an illusory wall painting by JA Schmidt (1750-1765), in the nave by the Viennese painter J.Š. Bopovský (1783). The main facade divided by pilasters is finished with a gable, into which a tower is built.
The whole church is in the Baroque style. The dominant feature of the church is the main altar with marble columnar architecture and the central image of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary, whose plot continues in a plastic composition floating in space. The paintings on all five side altars are of a similar style. Their author is also Š. Bopovsky.