The axis of the building of the late Baroque mansion was not designed directly, but originally it was a two-wing building with a lower corridor open to the courtyard with arcades. The entire building was adapted to serve as the bishop's summer residence. This means that most of the rooms were facing north, only some in the wings of the building, facing other directions.
In the first half of the 19th century, a new classicist wing was added. The one-story building received an empire facade. A veranda with a view of Trenčín was set up on the floor on the east side of the building, and a horse stable on the ground floor. The residence was established so that the bishops of Nitra had excellent conditions for relaxation. In 1923, the Redemptorist congregation took over the former headquarters and gradually reconstructed it.