Tombstones from the 18th century can be found on the maintained terrain with an area of 100 x 140 m, and the cemetery continues to serve its original purpose. The oldest graves are in the southwest and west. Part of the fenced area with approximately 700 graves is the House of Mourning (so-called Ciduk HaDin), through which the cemetery is also entered. The tombstones represent a varied and engaging palette of materials, shapes and symbols (the most common of which are the Kohen hands, the jugs of the Levites and the star of David). The inscriptions are mostly in Hebrew, but there are also Hungarian and Slovak ones. The cemetery is maintained and continues to serve its purpose. The synagogue in the city was demolished (1899 - 1976), in its place stands a memorial to the victims of the Holocaust (Revolutionary District 6, Galanta). The work of the academic sculptor Petr Sulík is located on a small square with highlighted foundations of the original synagogue, which was demolished in 1976 in the name of the communist idea. The memorial was unveiled on June 29, 2003 on the occasion of the annual commemoration of hundreds of victims of the Holocaust from Galanta and the surrounding area, serves as a memorial to Galanta Jewry and is a symbolic memorial to all Jewish citizens of the city who perished during the Holocaust.