The cable car from Tatranská Lomnica to Lomnický štít was built at the initiative of the director of the Tatranská Lomnica State Spa, Juraj Orságh, who pushed for construction in 1936. The grand opening took place in 1941. The cable car route has two parts: from Tatranská Lomnica to Skalnate pleso Start, which in the past fulfilled the starting function for a toboggan and bobsled run to the Grandhotel Praha. It is interesting that the material for the construction of the cable car was brought to Skalnaté pleso by horses, to Lomnický štít by people who exported almost 300 tons of material to the top to a height of 2,634 m. The cable car was built by about 70 people from Lendak, Spišská Belá and Kežmarok. One assembly rope carried 36 carriers in its hands on the shield. The cable car buildings were carved from stone used from a nearby quarry.