The first of them took place in 1241 and the second in 1285, in which Ivanka - the son of Lord Juraj of Drienov - also died. Apparently, the first Tatar invasion forced the family to build a safer residence that would be able to protect them from the enemy. They chose a forest hilly massif above the valley of the Svinka river. The inconspicuous peak, today called Zámčisko (360 m above sea level) has steeply sloping slopes and is accessible only from the eastern side.
The castle lacked a fort, so it did not have any economic base. Apparently this also testifies to its temporary habitability. The simple layout of the courtyard does not exceed the size of 25 x 30m. It is a typical example of a refuge castle, hidden deep in the valley. Although with a good view of part of Obišovice and the valley of the river Svinka, but without a view of the Hornád basin and with a limited possibility to control the Torysa basin. You can see Kapušany Castle from the castle courtyard. The divided property of the Abov family from 1300 mentions the costs of building a certain Sumus castle (Drienov), which amounted to 70 marks (hryvnia) of silver. Whether it was a castle in Zámčisko or rather a castle above Kysak remains on the level of questions, but historians are more inclined to the opinion that this document already relates to Kysak Castle itself.
The Obišov castle almost disappeared. Archaeological material that does not exceed the middle of the 15th century also testifies to this. At that time, a more comfortable and larger castle with a fort above Kysak was already standing in the Middle Ages. Its location, unlike Obišovské hrádek, was strategic. It made it possible to control the Hornád valley, part of the Toryská valley and the confluence of the Svinka and Hornád rivers, as well as the transition from Torysa to Hornád. The castle behind Obišovce could not fulfill this role under any circumstances and therefore it was never restored after its demise.
Accommodation for the lords was provided by a one-storey three-room palace, which was connected to the perimeter wall masonry. The palace was irregular, adapted to the circumstances, possibly built as quickly as a castle building. The extent of the castle was a predetermined configuration of the terrain of the hill, which besieged an excavated defensive wall with a 2.5 on deep ditch. The ascending path led to an extended part of the rampart, where it overcame a moat with a simple wooden drawbridge. He allowed the passage through the gate into the courtyard of the castle.
The castle complex consists of a medieval access road, a castle wall with an entrance gate, an outer rampart with an inner moat, a guard room, a palace tower and a courtyard with a cistern. The castle has a fireplace with benches and a wooden shelter creates a pleasant place to relax for the whole family. The nearby view of the rocks that rise above the winding river Svinka will delight you with beautiful views. The castle also enjoys its primacy, it is the first completely archaeologically examined castle. It was in the 1960s that historian and archaeologist Belo Polla examined and documented it.