It is a small stone castle from the end of the 12th century.
Stone castles began to be built in our country after the Tartar (correctly Mongolian) invasion in 1241.
Its owners were the Čurkovci family from Mala Ida, who owned the castle until 1401, when King Sigismund of Luxembourg took over the castle and the villages of Bukovec and Hýľov.
Subsequently, in 1427, the castle was handed over to the nobleman Zeman Šebastian of Geč by the Hungarian king Sigismund of Luxembourg.
The castle probably disappeared on the border of 15-16. century at the time of increased fortification.
It was a typical small stone castle from the beginning of the High Middle Ages.
The main building was an oval residential tower with a diameter of about 17 m to 20 m with a masonry thickness of 2.50 m.
It was surrounded by a 1.5 m thick defensive wall along the edges of the plateau.
In front of the defensive wall was a large moat, which was bridged in the south with a boarding hill.
A large moat and the remains of oval-shaped perimeter fortifications and the foundations of a tower-like structure have been preserved from the castle to this day.
However, the entire northern part with the rampart is missing, which was removed in 1973 during the construction of a forest road for the Bukovec artificial reservoir.
Research has never been done on the castle.
From the edge of the hill of the castle hill there is a beautiful view of the dam and part of the water part of the Bukovec artificial reservoir.