The first church in Jastrab, dedicated to the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, was built in 1425 by the mitical landowner Rosvald Rožeň. The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary was worshiped in the Middle Ages as a protector against natural disasters. The church stood outside the village at the top of the cemetery. Services were held in this church every third Sunday of the month and on holidays. After the service, the inhabitants provided the priest with food, consisting of three courses and wine or beer. We learn this from the canonical visitations of 1714 and 1715. According to them, the stone structure of the church consisted of a nave and a shrine. There was only one altar in the sanctuary, above which a picture of the church's patroness was attached to the wall. Above the entrance was a wooden turret with one bell. According to the description of the canonical visitations from 1714 and 1715, the walls of the sanctuary and the nave of the church were cracked on all sides. According to the canonical visitation from 1729, the church could no longer be repaired and was left to fall. In the forties of the 18th century. the building collapsed.
In July 1744, the foundation stone of the new church was laid, which was to stand on Návrší above today's church. The church was not completed because the parish was extended by the construction of the church. Back in 1798, a wooden cross stood on the spot where the foundations of the church could be seen.
Almost two hundred years later, the village of Jastrabie undertook to build a new church in 1914. The land for the construction of the church was donated by Knight Richard Pfeiffer. The foundation stone of the church was laid on May 4, 1914. The church had dimensions of 19.50 mx 8 m and a height of 6.05 m. The church hall had a capacity of 650 people. The new church was also dedicated to the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. The altar was made in 1914 by Jozef Sziklay-Stranad, a carver from Novák. The altar was a carved image of the patron saint (100 x 75 cm), on the sides of the statue of St. Stefan and Ladislav. He was consecrated on November 8, 1914 by Bishop Viliamon Báťanim of Nitra. There was a small bell on the church from the bell tower in the cemetery. The larger and older bell took to cast cannons during the First St. war. The village bought a new bell in 1921 and weighs 108 kg. Gradually, the church was equipped with interior equipment.
Gradually, from 1945, the church underwent several modifications. In 1986, the old altar was replaced by a new statue of the Virgin Mary. In 1987, the exterior of the church was renovated. In 2002, the church was added.
At the time of our visit around the church, we were surprised by the beautifully landscaped surroundings of the church. Clean everywhere, sidewalks around the church. Behind the church there is a cave with the Virgin Mary and a bench next to it, which directly calls for sitting. We could not see the church because it was closed.