The county house, the seat of the Turčianska Gallery, was probably built in the 17th century as a chamber, seat of the courthouse, county archives, treasury and for the representative purposes of the burghers of Turčiansky Svätý Martin. The building went through two styles
stages and several construction modifications.
In the first stage, a late Renaissance two-storey L-shaped building was created together with a tower from 1808. The second Baroque-Classicist design, extended to a U-shape and increased by one floor, gave the building a stylistic expression similar to the present. During the 20th century, a small courtyard between the east and west wings was closed by building modifications, which created a block building with a new roof.
In the years 2008 - 2009, thanks to the city of Martin, the building underwent a significant exterior and interior transformation, which contributed to a higher standard of the gallery as a professional workplace of its kind.
In 1983, the gallery defended its independent position as the Gallery of Fine Arts in Martin and a year later, with a new name: Turčianska Gallery. Since 1987, the county house building on Daxnerova Street no. 2. In the same year, it opened its gates to the public and, with an exhibition presentation of the permanent exhibition, introduced the visitors to the art of the Turčianske region.