After Stibor's death, in 1414, his son Stibor II inherited the castle and the whole estate. As he died without descendants in 1434, the castle became a royal property again.
King Sigismund himself was at the castle several times. In the turbulent Hussite period, the castle was occupied by rebellious governors such as John of Moravia (1444). Mikuláš Ujlaki freed the castle from his hands, who immediately handed it over to Osvald of Bučany in 1452. His descendants settled in the castle, but Oswald's son became an unfaithful ruler and therefore confiscated all his property, including the Cerov castle, and annexed it to the royal property. In 1485, King Matej Korvín released the castle for 6,000 ducats to a member of the Knights, Ján Plakner. However, this did not come into force, because the castle was still used by the lord of Bučiany. After the extinction of his family, he was inherited by the mayor František Nyáry. In 1578, Gašpar Pongrácz and his brother Ján of Oponice co-owned the castle. Until 1700, the Pongrács and the Apponyi took turns here. During the rule of the Apponyi family in 1645, the castle was briefly occupied by insurgents of Juraj Rákoczi, who, however, soon withdrew. For some time, the aristocratic Windischgrätz family also had an ownership share in the castle.
In 1740, there were only a few manorial bastards living in the castle, who guarded the prisoners in the castle cellars. Despite the fact that the castle was still preserved, the manor left it and moved to more comfortable mansions in Jablonice and Lieskov.