- Thanks to the high tower, the church is a significant feature of the village
- Together with the church in Kaplna, they are examples of relatively large two-tower and three-nave churches from the period of the turn of the Romanesque and Gothic style in the rural environment. The two-tower façade has not been preserved in any of the cases. In the Chapel, only one tower remained standing, and in Malženice they both demolished.
- From the Romanesque period, in addition to the perimeter walls, a window on the south side of the nave was to be preserved in the attic.
- The Gothic style is represented by a simple cross vault in the presbytery. There is a stone pastophorium installed in the north wall. On the south side of the nave is a brick Gothic portal. There is also a brick Gothic window in the attic of the nave.
- The church has a sacristy built from the less common south side.
- The history of the village lying at the crossroads was quite busy in the 13th century. The Knights of St. John settled here, who provided services to travelers and the sick, and apparently also played a guard role. A little later, they were replaced by the Order of the Teutonic Knights, who are mentioned here in a document from 1244. As early as 1268, however, the monarch donated the village to the sons of the mayor of Trnava.