THE EAST FARM WAS ESTABLISHED ON MARCH 13, 1958
The farm was established as part of a cooperative association in the village of Východná as the Jednotné Roľnícke družstvo and operated under socialism thanks to considerable subsidies from the state. Various crops were produced here (potatoes, cereals, fodder beet, flax, bulk fodder), there was also a bread bakery and a potato factory. JRD also worked thanks to associated production, such as the production of teaching aids, maps, toys, theaters, garden furniture, carpentry products, spare parts for the Tatra carmaker, for Zetor Brno. The cooperative had its own construction group and concrete plant (construction of buildings on PD, apartment buildings PD), sand was mined here. Unfortunately, most of these projects did not have a clear vision of what the projects should look like in the final, and therefore most of them were not economic.
After the gentle revolution, the cooperative was exposed to a market system in which it was not competitive due to lack of investment (agriculture requires huge investments, because every machine needs to be completely renewed every 15-20 years) and therefore approached bankruptcy.
In 2008, the cooperative was discovered by a foreign investor. The owner became a British family, which brought much-needed investments to the Farm. All management at the Farm remained Slovak. Our employees regularly visit farms abroad, take various courses and trainings to bring the care of our animals as well as the cultivation of crops to the highest possible level.