It was built around 1260 as a single-nave building with a presbytery. The northern sacristy dates from the Gothic period, the western tower was added in the 16th century. During the Kuruk Wars in 1678, the church was damaged, and in 1728, the church was damaged by fire. After a devastating fire, the church was rebuilt almost from the ground up. It was modified to a large extent in the Baroque style, and according to the research carried out in 2012, only the lower part of the perimeter walls was preserved from the original building. A stone baptistery has been preserved from Gothic details.