The former lumberjack-coal settlement is located on the road to the Donovaly saddle in the valley of the Donovaly brook. Various forms of the current name began to be used in the 17th century, since 1830 they are definitely Motyčky. The village was part of an agglomeration of logging and coaling villages in this area, which also included Jergaly, Môce, Dúvodno, Bukovec and Štubne. They were related to the development of mining and supplied the mines with charcoal. Today, these settlements are part of Motyčky. The whole area is interesting for tourists in winter and summer. The nearby resort of Donovaly is well known, but even in summer, in addition to tourism, fishing is very popular. There is no bathing in the water tank, but the fish are great to catch here. Of course, with a fishing license.