According to historical records, the village was looted by the Turks and Walloons in 1598.
Several landed families alternated in the village over the centuries - in the 16th and 17th centuries there were landowners of the Chiesa, Thura and Heneza families. In the 18th and 19th centuries it was the families of Záha, Esterházy and Andrássy. Historical sources also speak of the presence of a rectory and a church, which, however, disappeared during the Reformation. Since then, the village has only been a branch of another parish. At the beginning of the 20th century, there was also a Jewish community, which had a synagogue here.