One of the most architecturally impressive buildings in Levoča Square is, in addition to the Church of St. Jakuba, town hall building. The city council decided not only on the fate of the city and its inhabitants, but the whole area. The building was probably built around the middle of the 15th century and underwent many building modifications to its present form, which is the result of reconstruction in the years 1893 - 1895. Its authors were Fridrich Schulek and Benedik Jaumann. Over the centuries, the exhibition spaces have witnessed many important decisions and meetings.