The family owned Gäceľ until the first half of the 19th century, when it died out by the sword. In the following years, the Dávid family and the Csillághyi family from Istebný and the Čaplovič family from Jasenová took turns here. It is interesting e.g. the fact that Šimon Čaplovič, the chief notary in Dolný Kubín, was born here since 1910, the mayor of Orava. In 1870, there were 19 houses with 102 inhabitants in the settlement. Gradually, however, it depopulated. From the time when Gäcele was owned by the Bajči family, the "Bajči Tower" has been preserved. The three-storey, rectangular, almost nine meters high brick tower is probably the remnant of a defunct mansion with farm buildings from the 17th century. It is situated in a park, which was declared a protected natural creation with dendrologically important trees in 1974. In 1975, the tower was declared a National Cultural Monument. The historical value of the area is highlighted by the event from the revolutionary year 1848 .24. On April 18, 1848, the Orava peoples gathered in Gäceli to draw up the "Requests of the Orava People," known as the Gäceľ Requests. It was a petition in favor of Slovak nationality and language.