The waterworks has been built since 1977, originally as the Gabčíkovo-Nagymaros waterworks on the basis of an international agreement from 1977 and mainly with the aim of preventing regular floods in this area (eg 1954 and 1965).
In May / November 1989, Hungary unilaterally and without announcing it completed work on the construction of its part, thus forcing Czechoslovakia to implement only part of the work near Bratislava in an altered form from November 1991. This work was put into operation in October 1992, the secondary parts of the building (power plant, etc.) were put into operation in (?) 1996. Hungary's withdrawal from the contract was for many years the subject of international legal dispute between Slovakia (as heir of obligations in Czechoslovakia). ) and Hungary. The International Court of Justice ruled in October 1997 that the 1977 Treaty was still in force. Hungary was also not entitled to suspend and later suspend work on the waterworks in 1989.
Transport: Pešo, Bicyklom, Autom, Loďou
Parking: Parkovanie zdarma v okolí
Accepted payments: Hotovosť
Languages: Slovensky, Maďarsky, Anglicky
Season: Jar, Leto, Jeseň, Zima
Suitable for: Deti, Rodiny s deťmi, Seniorov, Cyklistov, Mládež, Dospelých