It stands on St. Nicholas Square. The original medieval church from the 14th century has not been preserved. It collapsed in the 1860s. A new church was built in its place in the years 1770-1773 at the initiative of the resident bishop of Nitra, Ján Nepomuk Gustíni. Rebuilding in 1830 gave the church its present-day classic appearance with late Baroque and Rococo elements in the interior.